Pages

June 7, 2012

I'll stop procrastinating. Tomorrow.

No, but seriously, I will. Mostly because I have no other choice. We're leaving Saturday for a week in Florida, which means that I HAVE to pack on Friday. I've been piddling around, doing loads of laundry here and there and sort of making sure the things I'll need are clean, but I haven't been as proactive as I should be. (But then again, I never am.) DH asked me to make a list today: the things we need to take to FL, and the things we need to buy to take with us. I hate list making, because I invariably leave something important off the list. My goal is to make it to FL with all the stuff I need, without having to take three or four suitcases. That's going to be quite the challenge for me, because I'm quite the habitual over-packer.

I've been continuing to go to the chiropractor for my sacrum issues. Oddly, I feel like things are sort of stalling out. For a while, it seemed to be getting better, and now it seems to be holding steady. I'm not a fan of this...the chiro is expensive, and if I'm paying that much, I want to see some improvement! I'm wondering if maybe Baby Boy is just growing so quickly at this point that the adjustments can't keep pace with all the ligaments and bones being pushed on. According to my "sources" (hah) Wee Laddie has grown an inch and a half since last week. That's mind blowing to me. But I think I believe it, because I'm starting to feel kicks and jabs much further over on my sides than ever before. I still love feeling him move; it's the best part of every day.

The Glasgow Highland Games were, in a word, awesometastical. I learned a little more about my Scottish heritage. Apparently, my clan (Clan Morrison) is NOT a sept clan, but an actual clan. (Sept clans are basically those who pledged fealty to a larger clan, and are subsequently considered branches of that main clan. Like, my mom's clan, Harper, falls under Buchanan.) I also met a guy who is from Clan Morrison (had the tartan kilt and all!) and it was really cool talking to him. I told DH that he needs to wear a kilt to the games next year, and for some strange reason, he seemed like he wasn't the biggest fan of that idea. ;) The bagpipes were amazing, the clothing was really cool (lots of men in kilts...some of them quite handsome) and let me tell you, haggis is not at all disgusting. It has a pretty distinctive liver taste, so if you really hate liver you wouldn't like it, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. Scotch eggs were also delicious (boiled egg wrapped in sausage and baked). I think I could survive in Scotland eating the local food!

Quick bump update before I drag myself off to go get some housework done. We've reached 25 weeks, and if Wee Laddie was born at this point, he'd have a 50% chance of survival, which is amazing to me! I've dropped a couple pounds somehow, probably from being a lot more active the last few days than I normally am. (Let's be real...I sit on my butt at home and play on the computer a lot. I am not the most active gal.) So that puts me at 139lbs, which means I'm up about 12lbs. Not bad for being more than halfway done! Still no stretchmarks, but I'm still waiting for them to show up. I got stretchmarks during puberty; there's no way I'm going to escape pregnancy without them. But I'll keep lotioning my belly religiously and praying that I get lucky, anyhow.

Here's a picture from last night at 25 weeks on the nose.


What are your weekend plans? Anyone have something fun or exciting going on?

1 comment:

  1. Looking great!!! I love reading your updates :)

    We're taking a mini vacation next week... just two nights but we'll be in a beautiful place for our anniversary. Happy early anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik