The morning sickness is hitting me like a ton of bricks today. I noticed when I was lying in bed that if I was on my back, I would start feeling queasy. So I just rolled over and ignored it. By the time I got up, it was hitting me in full force, which kind of surprised me. It usually gets worse as the day goes along, and doesn't bother me at all until later in the afternoon. I knew that eating usually makes me feel better, so I grabbed some leftover beef stew and tried to eat. Tried. It was a huge struggle to even get the food down. It took me a good 15 minutes to eat a bowl.
As I sat there, the nausea just got worse and worse and worse. I realized pretty quickly that it was not getting better, and I went ahead and called out of work. Thankfully it was one of my female coworkers that answered my call and offered to take the shift for me. I don't think the men there are quite as understanding.
After I called work, I broke down and called my midwife. That glorious woman. She told me that there are tons of options for the m/s, the most common being B-6 and Unisom. She told me to eat something small every hour and a half or so...guess I need to invest in some carrots or something so that I don't gain 10lbs in the first trimester! I really want to avoid prescription-strength options for now...it doesn't feel worth it when I'm not actually throwing up. I'm not a medication kinda girl anyhow. I prefer natural options whenever possible. I still am a little amazed that I can be this nauseous and NOT throw up, but I suppose I should be really thankful for that. There are some women on TB that throw up anywhere from 10 to 20 times a day...I can't even imagine.
We have 13 more days until our first ultrasound. Fly, time, fly! I am so, so looking forward to seeing that beautiful baby and that teensy heartbeat. I know s/he is alive and well, but it would feel incredible to actually be able to see it. All the ultrasounds last time were done out of fear and urgency. But this one is scheduled and routine, and that alone feels fantastic.
Today, I am pregnant, and I love my baby.
January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry you feel so bad! I hope it gets better soon! I left you a little something on my blog :)
ReplyDelete