Pages

January 23, 2012

I love getting off of work early...except when it's because I'm nauseous.

My shift was scheduled to start at 3:00. I ended up heading home around 3:45. The nausea today is the worst I've felt it so far. (Of course, I'm only 5w1d, so there's a good chance it's going to get a lot worse.) I'm glad someone was willing to cover my shift, because I was probably going to end up being pretty useless. It was all I could do to smile and greet people as they walked into the store...all I wanted to do was sit in the floor and cry.

It's odd how I can feel so physically bad, but emotionally good at the same time. This nausea is miserable, and I won't try to pretend I don't feel awful. But it's so mentally reassuring, because morning sickness more than likely = healthy baby. (Or babies. Ya never know!) I will take the nausea with a smile (metaphorically) if it means that this will be our take-home baby.

The biggest concern I'm having right now is how this nausea is going to affect my job. We had planned for me to keep working through most of my pregnancy for the sake of saving as much money as possible. But I was not feeling very functional today, especially for a job that is mostly manual labor. If it gets worse to the point that I'm actually throwing up, I don't know that I'll be able to stay there. That makes me nervous in terms of our financial situation. But I know that God will take care of us, and everything will work out just fine. It always does. :) I'm scheduled to work tomorrow too, so hopefully I will be able to get through the shift without feeling like I'm going to toss my cookies. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik