Our first ultrasound was last night. If I had to use one word to describe it, it'd be "magical". Seriously. It was just the most amazing thing. Yeah, I've had ultrasounds before, but they were a panicked, "Oh my gosh what's happening, is the baby ok" kind of deal. This time it was scheduled and exciting and wonderful.
My mom, MIL, DH and I all went out to dinner before the u/s. (Fajitas for me. Om nom.) Then we headed down to the u/s and got started. I asked him to immediately tell me as soon as he saw a heartbeat, and moments later he pointed it out on the screen to me. Then he turned up the volume and I just cried. It was awesome to hear our baby's heart beating strong and healthy. DH got a big grin on his face, and my mom and MIL crowded in to watch the screen and get a first look at their grandchild. We brought a memory card with us so we have video of the whole u/s. Holla.
After we got home and I called my grandma to tell her, DH and I talked and decided to go ahead and come out on Facebook. (Because, you know, nothing's official until it's on Facebook.) We had a huge response...lots of love and support and congratulations.
So without further ado, here is Baby K!
We are so excited and so blessed! Can't wait to find out if Baby K is a boy or a girl. :)
February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


<3 There are no words to explain how happy I am for you! :)
ReplyDeleteso happy for you both :) this baby will be one loved little one! My sister is having a baby in May - we call her "baby K" for Kennedy! praying for you all!
ReplyDelete