I'm just having one of those days where I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. Granted, it's only 10-something in the morning and I slept a little late, but still. There are plenty of things to do around here, and I just don't feel like doing any of them.
I promised DH that I would pack my hospital bag soon, so I should probably try to do that today. Especially since I'm "term" now and Little Guy could seriously come any day. My midwife is having me come back on Tuesday because my blood pressure was a little high yesterday. If it's still high, she'll check me and possibly do a membrane sweep. Just from her external checking, she said his head is extremely low and asked me if I feel like he has dropped yet. I'm short-waisted so honestly, I can't tell. All I know is that my hips hurt less after last night's sleep than they have in MONTHS. So that's exciting. (Oh, and the membrane sweep? She said that IF it works, he'll be here after 3 days, max. So that could have me holding my baby in my arms by next Friday. That possibility both terrifies and thrills me to no end.)
We had a great Labor Day weekend with DH's parents. Seriously, we are SO spoiled, and we know it and are so thankful for it. We ended up coming home with even more baby stuff, a dress for me to wear postpartum, a couple new ties for DH to wear to work, and we bought ourselves a blender with a food processor attachment with a gift card we had. I am SO excited about the blender! I've been wanting one for ages, to do smoothies with. Our first attempt with them the other night sucked, to be honest, but I've looked up some recipes and hopefully our next batch will be good. :) I want to try some green smoothies with stuff like kale or spinach and just not tell DH what's in them. A little veggies will be good for him!
My brain is officially ready for fall. (I know, I may have mentioned that before, right?) So I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought myself the "ingredients" for a fall wreath for our front door! All of the little items were 40% off except for the actual wreath itself, so I showed them the online coupon and got 40% off of that, too. :) Savvy shopper in the hizzouse. I agonized over what kind of design I wanted, what colors to use, etc etc. Our front door is red so OBVIOUSLY I couldn't do red fall items because it'd blend in, and where's the fun in that? So I ended up with creamy/yellowish and orange, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm looking forward to the day that I have a decorating budget that allows me to deck the halls for every season and holiday. Fall wreath this year, ceramic pumpkin centerpiece next year? I think yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment