Pages

August 30, 2012

Superwoman! Or maybe just nesting.

My house is looking GOOD these days. Still a little cluttered; still less cute and decorated than I'd like. But clean? Definitely a drastic improvement from how it's been the last few months.

I've made myself a daily to-do list to try and help keep me motivated to keep it up, because honestly, it's hard. I am not someone who enjoys cleaning by nature, so even though I like the results, it's SO much easier to just sit in the recliner and do nothing. But, knowing myself, if I slack off too much, I'll fall right back into my old habits of letting my house look like crap all the time. It feels good, though, ticking off the chores on my list.




I have to admit, I feel a little bit like Superwoman when I think about all the stuff I've gotten done today (and on previous days). It's coming up on 4:00 pm as I write this, and so far I have:
-Made the bed
-Swept the hall and kitchen
-Done the dishes
-Cleaned old food out of the fridge
-Taken out the trash
-Vacuumed the bedroom
-Painted a layer of topcoat on two long dresser drawers

Someone suggested that I'm nesting. I kind of hope they're wrong. I want to believe that I've turned over a new leaf, and if it's nesting, then what happens when Little Boy gets here? Am I going to go back to being a cruddy housewife? I'm afraid I'm setting my expectations for myself a little high right now, and that I'm going to be really disappointed in myself when the dishes aren't done every night before bed, and the kitchen needs mopping, and the laundry piles up, and the bed doesn't get made the entire day.

Also, can I just say to the women of Sept. 2012: STOP HAVING BABIES ALREADY. Do you guys know how impatient I'm getting when you keep posting pics of your beautiful new children and I'm still sitting here, massively pregnant and uncomfortable and WEEKS away from my due date? Ugh. Stop that. Maybe I should go put my shoes on and walk around my neighborhood to try and encourage this baby to engage a little. I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday, "to term", and he can come any time after Monday without me being the least bit upset.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... could I ask you to share your to do list with me? I feel like I need something like that! I keep the house pretty clean, but I think my biggest problem is just not knowing what else to do!

    Congrats on being almost term! I feel so great knowing that I can encourage baby to come out now without feeling like a terrible person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I do some stuff every day, like making the bed, doing the dishes, and sweeping my hall and kitchen. (The cats get litter EVERYWHERE.) And then after that, I just try and throw in a couple things like mopping, vacuuming, and one thing "weird", like cleaning out the fridge or dusting the cat hair off the PS3 or something. The depressing thing about housekeeping is that there's ALWAYS something else to clean, haha.

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea - to have a few daily items and then switch up other items each day. Thanks!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik