Fun mix of subjects, right? But that's just what's going on in my life these days. :)
So...paint fumes. We painted our little guy's dresser over the weekend but it turns out that the paint is flimsy and chips crazy easy. DH and I bought a topcoat last night and I decided to paint on my own. I figured, hey, I'll wear a mask and open the window and it won't be so bad. WRONG. The whole house reeks right now. I've got the bedroom window open with a fan running and towels stuffed under the door to try and contain the stank. I also have my back door open and my spiced pumpkin candle burning. I called DH and told him that he will definitely be finishing the dresser on his own. I feel fine, no lightheaded feelings or headaches or anything, but I probably don't need to be breathing in fumes.
We got our maternity pictures back this weekend. I can't even begin to pretend that they were worth the drama or the crazy expense, but they do look nice. It still astounds me how huge my belly is these days...it just seems impossible that everything could stretch that far!
Just a couple of them that I particularly like. :)
And the ultrasound drama. Ugh. My midwife's office ordered four more weeks of BPPs without telling me why. I was a mess wondering if something was wrong with our little guy and they just hadn't informed me. I finally got a half-decent answer from one of the NPs yesterday. She told me she thinks that the scheduling was actually an error, said that the baby looks TOTALLY fine, and that they're still waiting to hear from my midwife whether or not she's actually wanting to do the BPPs or if she's just wanting a repeat growth scan to check up on him. I adore my midwife, but oh my goodness, you cannot keep a pregnant woman waiting like that.
Four weeks left until our due date. Insanity. Once this dresser is done, we'll be pretty much ready for little guy to get here. I can't wait to meet him!
August 29, 2012
Paint fumes, maternity pictures, and ultrasound drama
Labels:
maternity pictures,
midwife,
painting,
photography,
ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad the extra ultrasounds were probably just a misunderstanding! You look absolutely adorable in your pictures! Can't wait to see the nursery!
ReplyDeleteI love the maternity photos! So cute! Only four weeks to go - so excited for you!!! :)
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog! Love it! I'm Alexis by the way :) your maternity pictures are adorable! How exciting you get to meet your little one in just for short weeks!! Have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Alexis! Glad you like it! I'll try to be an interesting blogger and give you some good stuff to read. :)
Delete