When fall comes around (or even just moderately cooler summer weather), I cannot resist the urge to bake. Anything with pumpkin in it makes me ridiculously happy. My Pumpkin Spice candle from Yankee Candle company has already clocked a good 8 hours of burn time in the last couple weeks just because it lets me feel like I'm baking something delicious, without the temptation to consume the calories.
So today, while DH sanded the primer on the dresser drawers for baby boy's room, I baked. I couldn't help myself. I know I'm up 30lbs this pregnancy. I know I need to be careful about my sugar intake. I know carbs aren't all that good for me. But sometimes, I just don't care. And baking is one of those times. I wanted to bake bread, but I wanted pumpkin...so I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread. It smelled like autumnal heaven in my house while it baked, and was equally delicious once it came out of the loaf pans and was cool enough to eat.
I got the recipe here. I will definitely be making the bread again at some point, but I'll probably half the amount of nutmeg that the recipe calls for. It's good, but I haven't used much nutmeg before so the flavor for me is almost a little overwhelming.
I am really hoping that this coming weekend will be the end of our baby room preparations. The dresser and drawers are all primed and sanded...all we have left to do is paint the thing. We have a spray gun and are going to borrow an air compressor so hopefully, the painting will go by really quickly. I'm so impatient to just get it in the room and get all his teensy little clothing into it. We've got all his laundry done and folded and sorted by size, and now we're just...waiting. I still need to pack my hospital bag, but that feels a little too "real" and I just can't bring myself to do it.
35 weeks down...35 days to go. Here's my bump picture; I haven't posted one in a few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The Fall season is the best! You look great! I can't wait to see his room :)
ReplyDeleteMmmm, can you come to Kansas City and bake with me? I have no drive, but that sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! I can't wait to see your nursery pics!