Pages

May 25, 2012

The long, hot weekend.

It's southern KY in May, which means the humidity and heat are through the roof. Thank goodness for good air conditioning. Despite having grown up in the Mid-south, I have never gotten used to the mugginess. But, I love the South anyhow and I plan to stay here for as long as I can...it ain't perfect, but it's home!

We have lofty plans for the weekend...and I say "lofty" because it'll be kind of crazy if we actually get it all done. We're finally going to get working on Wee Laddie's room! We've partially sanded some drawers from some of his furniture, but absolutely nothing else has been done to get ready for him other than getting a registry partially done. My mom is coming up tomorrow morning and we'll haul some of the furniture outside and sand the heck out of it. (It's BIG furniture with a lot of curves and rounded edges, so it's kind of a pain in the butt to sand.) I wish we could go ahead and paint everything, but I don't want to paint until I have his bedding so that I can get the colors to coordinate. We do have one piece of furniture that we can go ahead and get done - a little end table that I'll paint red and stencil the Rebel symbol from Star Wars on top. I am so excited to just get his room done and ready for him.

Wee Laddie still doesn't have a name. DH and I MAY have one picked out but we're not 100% sure yet. I still just don't feel comfortable telling the world until after he's born...I have this big fear that I'll commit to a name and then look at him and say, "Oh, he doesn't look like a _______." It just seems like such a huge job to pick a name for a new little person who has never existed before. I don't want to get it "wrong".

Bump time! 23 weeks as of Wednesday...only a few more days til viability!

4 comments:

  1. We are working on the nursery this weekend too - I can't wait to see yours :) I can't believe you are 23 weeks already. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great bump photo!

    For his name, obviously do and pick whatever you feel is right. If you want to wait, then wait! But, in my experience, since we picked out our kids names shortly after the anatomy scans, and called them and referred to them by name since then (so for 3-4 months), they just BECAME that name, instead of being "oh, that's not you." KWIM? Because we called them their name, they were that name already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most beautiful pregnant woman to walk this Earth! :) I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with your little one! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ What Breanna said!

    We're working on the nursery this weekend too! I feel the same way about finding a name, we actually plan to pick a few and decide when s/he is born!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik