Pages

May 11, 2012

And so begins the momentous task...

...of registering for baby stuff.

Ack. How is it already time for this?!? I swear, I just found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, right? What? It was five months yesterday? Wait, that means he'll be here in...*counts on fingers, blood drains from face*...oh my gosh. In four months.

I am seriously behind on this "preparing for baby" stuff. We've done approximately one thing to get ready for him: nothing. Big, fat, nothing. Well, ok, we've partially sanded some furniture that we're going to repaint. But that's it, and it's nowhere NEAR being done. I think all along, I've had this sense of, "Oh, it's fine, we have plenty of time before he gets here." But then suddenly, his arrival is only 4 months away, and we still have EVERYTHING to do. And I may or may not be freaking out really badly.

Our plan is that we're going to bust it in gear on Memorial Day weekend and just get it all done. Finish sanding the furniture, hopefully get it painted (so thankful that FIL has a paint sprayer we're borrowing, because it will be so much faster), get the nursery arranged how we want it, put up the decorations we have so far, and then just sit back and wait. We're probably going to order the crib in the next couple weeks, too, so at least we've chosen one and know it's for sure the one we want. And this weekend, while we're up visiting MIL, we're going to go register for baby stuff. Honestly, I have no stinkin' clue what we need. I always think of the big things and forget small stuff like diaper cream and wash rags. So I'm basically just going to slowly walk through every blessed isle of the store and ask myself, "Do I need this? Do I need this?" It was hard doing a wedding registry because we couldn't even think of enough stuff to register for, and we ended up going back to add onto it because people bought almost all of our stuff and they were running out of stuff to get us. (I was given FOUR wedding showers. Four. No wonder we ran out of stuff!) I'm being given two baby showers, so hopefully it won't be a problem this time.

And in case everyone is wondering (since everyone in real life seems to be wondering), no, Wee Laddie does not have a name yet. And we probably won't name him until he's born. I'm afraid to give him a name and then him come out and just not seem to match his name. And also, DH is super non-committal about deciding on anything right now. He thinks we should wait for the name to "come to us"...I laughed. Sure, DH, we'll do that. Or maybe not.

Time for the obligatory belleh picture. This was taken Wednesday at 21 weeks. Still no stretch marks, and I'm feeling pretty good most of the time! Let's hope both those things are true in the next few weeks!

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik