Pages

February 16, 2012

How I met DH

For some reason today, I'm feeling especially mushy. I've been looking through some old pictures (on Facebook, hah) and remembering when DH and I met and started dating. I feel like reminiscing out loud, (by typing?) so enjoy! I'll try to keep it from being terribly long winded.

When I was a freshman at WKU, I was dating a very controlling, clingy guy. My social life was hurting, I was barely "allowed" to talk to guys...I was miserable. With the encouragement of a few people, I finally broke it off with that guy...ahh, freedom. I felt like myself again. I spent more time talking to new guys, not really getting into relationships but enjoying the idea that I could, if I wanted to.

Fast forward a few months and I was having a rough day. I got a text from my friend Bryan asking if I was coming down to his Bible study. The girls at the study were all going to spend the night at one house, and the guys at another. I turned him down and told him that I was feeling blah. He responded with, "Hey, if you're feeling bad, a Bible study is the best place to be!" So I threw together an overnight bag and headed to meet up with the carpool. They drove me to meet up with someone at a gas station (yes, my future DH was that someone) but due to some miscommunication, someone had told him to go ahead and leave. So I rode with everyone else and made it to the Bible study on time.

When I walked in, I said hi to my friend Bryan, and then looked up and thought, "Dang. That guy over there is seriously cute." You got it, I had just checked out my future DH for the first time. We instantly hit it off. We sat next to each other during the study, played spoons, went on the hayride (hey, don't judge, it was in the country) and had a great time. At the end of the night, I was sitting on the porch swing and he came and sat on the steps. I told him that there was plenty of room on the swing...and when he got up and joined me, I thought "Hmm...I wonder if this guy likes me." I would later learn that when I offered him a seat next to me, he thought the same thing. :)

The next morning, he intentionally let my ride leave without me so that he could drive me back to Bowling Green. And that was the start of a very good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik