And you know why I'm in that cleaning frenzy? Because one of my friends is coming over to help me clean.
Yep. I'm that kinda girl.
My housekeeping skills have been lacking for a long, long time. I've never been one of those women who naturally enjoys keeping things in order. Don't get me wrong; I like for things to be clean, I just hate being the one who has to get them there. So my house has been on a downward spiral since I started working again. I basically wait until things are starting to look rough, and then I'm like, "Hm. I should probably clean that." Laundry? I'll just ignore it until I have no clean underwear left and then I'll throw in a load. Oh, and when it's done, I'll leave it in the dryer.
But this is where it's all gonna change. I put in my two weeks notice at work on Monday, so I'm going to be a housewife again as of March 6th. And I do not want to be the same kind of housewife I've been this entire time. My husband deserves so much more effort out of me. He works so many hours each week at a job he doesn't like that much, because he wants so badly to provide for our family as well as he can. All I have to do is clean, and I haven't been holding up my end of the bargain. So I'm going to clean this dang house. I'm going to KEEP the house clean once I get it there. I'm going to organize things (thanks, Pinterest!) and I'm going to keep a cookie jar stocked with freshly baked goodies. (Ok...maybe not.) I need to get into this habit before the baby gets here, or else I'm going to have a whole lot of adjusting to do at once. Also, I need to keep up with laundry better because we're planning to cloth diaper and that is going to be a WHOLE lot of work on its own, without having a ton of other laundry to catch up on, as well.
Wish me luck. It's hard to stay motivated.
February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment