The bean is alive and well! The ultrasound tonight showed that it is growing on schedule, has a remarkably healthy and strong heartbeat, and is still positioned nice and high in my uterus.
We're still at a loss as to what is causing the bleeding. They looked very carefully, and even scanned my ovaries and cervix to see if they could spot anything unusual. I'm not effaced or dilated at all and they couldn't see even a hint of bleeding around the sac.
I asked the ultrasound guy how soon you can actually hear the heartbeat, and he said, "Well, right now." So he blew the screen up and positioned his little cursor, and turned up the volume. Hearing that little "whoosh whoosh whoosh" brought tears to my eyes. I was actually able to see the heartbeat even better this time, I guess just because it's bigger.
I am so thankful to God for blessing us with a healthy little bean. The relief is just indescribable. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! We are so happy tonight.
August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome :)
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news sweetie! :) I am so happy to hear this! Still praying :) <3
ReplyDelete