From blastocyst to embryo, that is. I'm 5 weeks, 1 day today, and the bloat is sorta kinda starting to recede-ish. At night, it's still fairly prominent, but it's less obvious during the day. Part of me enjoys the bloat, just because it's a result of being pregnant. I don't know that an hour passes without me thinking "Wow, this is really happening." I pray so often that this baby is healthy and that it stays put, and I'm thankful for every day that passes without incident. I don't want to rush through any part of this pregnancy, except maybe this week. Our first appointment with our midwife is Saturday, and I'm so antsy and excited that I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. She'll probably check my betas and we'll discuss all sorts of baby-related things.
DH's family reunion was this past weekend, and as usual, it was a loud, chaotic, crowded event. His family is huge. We decided that we would tell his parents that we were expecting, and their reactions were great. But then came the pressure from my MIL to tell everyone. I felt like I was being told, "Either you tell, or I will." I hated that feeling. This is my news, and I should be able to tell it on my terms. So I agreed to tell DH's immediate family, including aunts and uncles. That was already so much more than I had planned. The next day, DH's mom asked me if she could tell her cousin, and I flat out told her no. Absoutely not. This is MY news, regardless of how excited she might be about it, and it's up to me to tell people when I want, and how I want. I'm thinking the next time we have a baby, I'll be waiting quite a bit longer to tell DH's parents. I do not need any extra drama in my life, thanks very much.
I work from 3 to 9 tonight. Urgh. I just have to keep reminding myself, "This money is going to help pay off loans and save up for the baby." It's the only thing that makes it worth going. The job itself isn't bad or hard, it's just difficult to stay on my feet for so long. Sometimes the nausea hits while I'm working and it's really difficult not to just lay in the floor behind the register and cry. But I'm blessed that I don't have true morning/day sickness, so I'll suck it up and try to power through it. It's about time to go get showered and looking human, so I'll end this for now.
August 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am going to blog stalk you forever now :) I'm so excited for you! I hope work goes well for you tonight!
ReplyDelete