Pages

August 5, 2011

Ants in my pants

Tomorrow is our first midwife appointment and I'm so excited I can barely sit still. I have no idea why I'm so pumped...we're not going to see the heartbeat or do an ultrasound or anything. I think it's just that, in my mind, if I'm seeing a medical professional about my pregnancy, it must be real! (As if the massive aching boob pain didn't clue me in. And also the 5 positive pregnancy tests.) I think DH is excited, too, because he has already told his entire office and a few random strangers. We're taking my niece's old crib instead of shelling out for a new one, and DH wants to go ahead and bring it back to our place this weekend. That one really surprised me...I expected him, with all his careful planning, to wait to wait a while for things like that. I think both of us are just a little on the giddy side right now.

I took our oldest fur child, Pippa, to the vet today. (Well, the vet at the Humane Society where we got her.) She's been kind of congested since the day we brought her home, and it just never cleared up. They told us that it was just the last little bit of an upper respiratory infection she had, and that it would go away on its own. She sounded so pathetic the last couple days that I felt like I needed to do something. So, for $6.75, they gave me three different meds to try and clear everything up. Excellent price? Why yes, yes it was. It'll be fun trying to squirt meds down her throat with the syringe, but if it makes her stop sneezing snot marks all over the wall, it'll be worth the effort.

I need to make dinner plans for tonight. I have frozen chicken, brown rice, and an avocado. Think I can make something interesting out of that? Hah. I think that takes more cooking talent than I possess, but we'll figure something out.

1 comment:

  1. Bake/grill the chicken, add a squirt of lime to it when you are done right before you serve. Peel, pit, and slice up that avocado and serve it on a small bed of pico de gallo (all this assuming you can get to the grocery store) and turn your brown rice into mexican rice...that, I have no clue but Google can help out! ;) Dinner, m'am, is served!
    And congrats on the first midwife visit! It's always exciting, even if it's to get weighed and blood pressure checked :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik