Pages

June 30, 2011

Grown-up sleep over

A couple of my good friends are supposed to come spend the night tonight. This will be the first time they've been to our new house, or met our fur kids. For some reason, I am terribly nervous.

I've been cleaning all afternoon. In spurts. I will work on a task, finish it, and then hop back on the laptop for a little while. It keeps me from getting too burned out on cleaning. I was supposed to call around to some local business today and see if anyone was hiring, but I didn't. And of course, I feel guilty for that. I know that it would really help DH out if we had just a little extra money coming in each month, especially after our move. We're still hurting a little from all the deposits we had to put down. It sucks being in such a small town. There are so many less places to look for jobs. There's no mall, no shopping center, just a bunch of boutiques and a Wal-Mart. (And I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to work at Wal-Mart.) Hopefully I'll find the motivation soon, and the location. Sometimes I love being in a small town, and sometimes, I wonder why we did this.

I'm starting to really feel a little stressed out lately. We're on cycle 5, low on money, and DH is wanting to move to a new church. I've visited there a couple times, and it's a small, country, really nice little place. But I am really hesitant to leave the congregation where we attend now. It feels like home to me. It's where all my friends are, and it's the entire reason we moved back to Bowling Green instead of to a bigger city with more opportunities. I feel like it's going to be a really hard decision for me, but DH seems ready and rarin' to go. Sigh. Being a grown-up sucks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik