Pages

July 7, 2011

I think I did, I think I did...

I've started looking for a part-time job here recently, just to supplement our household income a little bit. I applied at Rite-Aid and it looks like I've got the job! (All within a matter of a few days. Nice.) They're waiting for the background check to run, and assuming I pass it, I'm good to go. I may have made a mistake on the paperwork that is making me ULTRA paranoid, but even that would just be listing an address that they didn't need. My criminal record is totally clean. I don't even have a speeding ticket, for crying out loud. So hopefully, I'll hear back from them soon. God is very good. :)

Jane Austen festival this weekend. Yes, I'm excited. Yes, I'm planning to dress up. Yes, I am a total nerd. No, I don't care.

I have a warm, purring kitten asleep on my stomach. It's incredibly cute. I'm so thankful that we have these little furballs in our life. They're good little companions, even if they do stink up the litter box something fierce, and they occasionally fart on me. Life is good. Life is blessed.

My relationship with God is growing so much lately. I'm just struck by how many second (and third and hundredth) chances I've been given, and I'm tired of taking that for granted.

"Nearer, still nearer, while life shall last
'Til safe in glory my anchor is cast
Through endless ages, ever to be
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik