Pages

November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm a day early, but tomorrow will be pretty hectic since we'll be packing up and hauling ourselves and a baby 2.5 hours north.

So, Happy Thanksgiving!

This year has been one that has given me so much for which to be thankful. On January 10th, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. It was so exciting knowing that our lives were about to change forever. After having a miscarriage in August of 2011, I was anxious about being pregnant again. I was so afraid I'd lose this baby, too. But time passed, we heard a strong heartbeat, and my belly started expanding as the baby grew. March 2nd, we found out it was a boy. In June, we picked the name Rowan Bennett. And after what felt like a lifetime of waiting, Rowan was born in September.

Since then, I've spent every day with him, watching him grow and change so rapidly. He smiles and coos at us daily now. He's starting to discover his hands, which for him involves lots of fist-sucking. It's adorable! For a week or so, he had suddenly begun screaming his little head off for a couple hours a night. We were SO frustrated. Nothing we did could calm him, and I would end up crying as I held this angry, sobbing baby. I finally took him to the chiropractor a couple days ago and they did some adjustments, and we've had two lovely, peaceful, normal nights since then. I'm definitely a believer in the power of good chiropractic care! It's been wonderful having my happy, smiley baby back.

All my life, I've wanted to grow up, get married, and have babies. My life is so fantastic right now, and I am nothing but thankful for how blessed I am. How many people are lucky enough to get to live out their childhood dream? God is good.

What are YOU thankful for this year? Come on, guys, I know y'all are reading...cough up a comment or two. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik