Pages

November 1, 2012

Fail.

Um. So. Yeah.

That whole "less TV thing"? Total, total fail. I still watch just as much TV. Does it count that I've been reading a book while the TV is on? *guilty face*

In other news, my kiddo is growing ridiculously fast. He's up to 11 pounds (!!!) and smiles and grins all the time. Unfortunately, he's had his first cold for the last week or so. He's finally on the mend but oh man, mommy's heart was breaking the first couple days as he snorted and snotted and sounded absolutely miserable. Breaking news: babies hate having saline sprayed up their nose. And they also hate nasal aspirators. I can't say I blame him...I don't think I'd like someone shoving some sucky thing up my nose, either. I came down with a cold a couple days after him but mine is almost totally gone other than a tiny bit of congestion on the right side. Thank goodness for my trusty Neti pot.

It looks like I'm going to be doing an elimination diet once I've used up the delicious mac n' cheese in my pantry. Rowan still has a little rash on his face and chest. It looks like little teensy red pimples; I would think it was heat rash if it wasn't there all the time. It still doesn't seem to be bothering him, but I can't figure out what's causing it, so out dairy goes. I've been casually doing the elimination diet, cutting out big stuff like milk and cheese, but it hasn't helped so I'm going to have to go hardcore and actually cut all dairy, including hidden dairy. (Hidden dairy is stuff like bread made with milk, milk chocolate, etc.) Not going to lie, I'm really intimidated. My husband is a super picky eater, and I don't have the energy to cook two dinners to keep him happy. This will be a rough transition for us, but I told DH that we only have to do it for a couple weeks to see if dairy is the culprit behind Rowan's rash.

And now a little whine. (Can't have cheese with that...har har.) I cannot stand status hijackers on Facebook. You know what I mean...the people who come along and use your status/wall as a chance to talk about themselves. There's one girl on my friends list who CONSTANTLY does that. I posted a status about what a good dad DH is, and she somehow used it as an opportunity to talk about how her daughter used to have trouble falling asleep. Um...what? Post that mess on your own wall. Honestly, if I didn't use FB as a way to post pictures of Rowan for my grandma and keep in touch with some far-away friends, I would just delete the thing. People be cray.

Can't miss an opportunity to shamelessly AW my kiddo, so here ya go. I took these yesterday. (For the record, his shirt is open because we were between a diaper change and a bath, so I had him unzipped and laying on my bed.) His facial expressions are a constant source of entertainment to me.


1 comment:

  1. I think reading a book at the same time counts for something ;) I am making an effort to have the TV on less too. Good luck with the diet. Your little man is adorable!! More pictures please :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik