I had so much fun this weekend. SO much fun. Be warned, this post may get kind of photo-heavy.
We started out with the Jane Austen festival on Saturday. I managed to get my costume finished in time for the festival thanks to my awesome mom coming to the rescue when my sewing machine conked out. (And doing some of the sewing for me, because I'm a sewing noob and had a hard time with the arm holes.) I couldn't get together with DH's cousin so that she could do my hair, so I wore a bonnet and just pinned it all up underneath. We didn't stay at the festival very long because it was hot, but it was a lot of fun to dress up anyhow. (Note to other pregnant ladies: Gold Bond chafing stick is AWESOME if you're in a dress and your thighs rub together. Kid you not, it spared me so much discomfort.) Several of DH's cousins dressed up, too, and we were a cute little group, if I do say so myself.
Guess which one is me? ;)
That night, a bunch of DH's family got together and did a baby shower for me and Wee Laddie. It was Star Wars themed, and I was SO impressed at how cool it was! I didn't know a baby shower could be so much fun. They had a big sheet up on the wall that said "may the force be with you" and they had people write advice on a chalkboard and take pictures in front. Some of the pictures were really cute!
It seems like most of the pictures of me are either blinking or with my mouth open...super attractive, right? I got some seriously cool gifts, including a Kate Spade diaper bag and a Star Wars mobile that DH's uncle made. LOVE it. We also got some really, really adorable baby clothes from Janie & Jack, which is more along the boutique baby clothing line. I love anything with smocking on it, and we got some of the cutest overalls you've ever seen. We also got some teething toys, books, bath supplies, teensy shoes, and my MIL and FIL got us a great car seat/jogging stroller. I didn't even know I wanted a jogging stroller until I had one!
I'm really blessed to have married into such an enthusiastic, loving family. They're not without their issues (what family is?) but they're excited about our little boy and they've always treated me like I had been there all along. It's kind of wonderful. :)
July 23, 2012
Jane Austen and Star Wars baby shower weekend!
Labels:
baby boy,
baby showers,
family,
Jane Austen,
Star Wars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh. Ma. Gah. You are the cutest ever in your Jane Austen outfit. Gosh, you're like pregnant Lizzie Bennett.
ReplyDeleteHappy Shower :)
I love your outfit and hat at the festival! So cute. And I really love your shower. What a great idea with the advice on the chalkboard :)
ReplyDelete