Pages

July 19, 2012

I think I know why sewing is a dying art.

Because it's HARD. Seriously...I am so impressed at what my mom and DH's Mammaw can do now that I've tried my hand at sewing. When I was a little kid, my mom made my sister and I TONS of clothing, usually matching of course. I've always wanted to learn to sew, and I guess I'm getting my chance now. I am in the process of making a pinafore to go over last year's Jane Austen dress. It's almost finished; I have to hem the bottom and around the edges of the neck and shoulders, but that's it! Have I made mistakes? Yep. Did I maybe cry earlier because I was so frustrated? Yep. But such is my dedication to dress up for the Jane Austen festival. Two more days!

About 9 weeks until baby boy gets here. Insanity. We still aren't anywhere near ready in terms of the nursery, but I haven't wanted to buy anything until we are done with baby showers so we'll start making purchases in a couple weeks.

DH gets off early today and will be home about an hour before he normally arrives. Yay! I can honestly say that I love, love, LOVE having him home. I'm cooking some minute steaks for dinner tonight, along with some mashed potatoes, corn casserole, and country-style green beans. Mmm. Making myself hungry just thinking about it. I've never cooked minute steaks before, but I'm a much more adventurous cook than I am in sewing. ;)

I'll post a picture of my Jane Austen getup once it's finished. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik