Pages

May 22, 2012

Good news, everyone!

Fifty internet points if you read the title in Professor Farnsworth's voice.

The good news is that, Friday, our genetic counselor finally called. The test results show that baby boy is chromosomally normal! There's technically a 1% chance that the test could be wrong, but based on all the things we know at this point, I feel pretty secure in trusting those results. When I got off the phone with her, I just stood and cried with pure relief and joy. It feels SO good knowing that, no matter what sort of issues may arise someday, we won't be dealing with chromosomal abnormalities that will prevent him from functioning normally.

Baby has been extremely active lately. He's been kicking and punching around so much in the last couple days, which I kind of enjoy. It's awesome having the reassurance that he's ok in there. On Sunday, DH woke me up from my nap and laid his head on my belly. Baby boy kicked him right in the head! It was kind of cute. :)

I'm up about 12 lbs and it's starting to freak me out. I've always struggled with body image issues and it's hard for me to gain weight without panicking. I know that it's what Wee Laddie needs, though, so I'm going to just try to cut back on the sweets and unhealthy snacks so that I know my weight gain is not from being a pig. (I always liked sugar before pregnancy, but oh man. I could go through a tub of ice cream and a six-pack of soda a day if I didn't stop myself.) I also don't want to deal with gestational diabetes. They won't be testing me for that for another four or five weeks, so I need to keep myself in check.

We're sorta kinda starting on his nursery. Sorta. I started sanding down a little side table today that we're going to use in his room. DH had the idea that we should stencil the Rebel symbol on the top since it's a Star Wars room, which is an awesome idea. Love being married to a fellow nerd!

Bump picture from 22 weeks, which was last Wednesday. I'll hit 23 tomorrow, which means I'm about 8 days away from V-day! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for your genetic results BV!! And you look adorable **virtual belly rub**

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik