All of my life, I have had wild, unruly hair. Part of my problem was that, as a teenager, I had NO idea what to do with it. My friends were all discovering makeup and hair product, and I was the little frizzy girl who only got attention from boys because I had personality. A friend introduced me to a hair straightener and things started to improve for me. Once I hit college, I realized that if I wasn't good at styling my hair, I could do other things to make it fun. I started cutting my hair in all sorts of funky, edgy styles and dyeing it fun colors to compensate for my lack of ability in making it pretty on my own. When I started dating my husband, I had short hair. I grew it out for our wedding, then cut it off. We moved to France, and then I cut it off again even shorter. And now, it's long again. I've started learning to embrace my natural semi-curly texture, especially since I've come to the realization that I can just pin it up the second day without having to wash it if I go curly the day before. (I am a lazy person. If I can get away with not washing my hair on day 2, I am ALL about that.) It's still a work in progress, but I'm starting to believe that there is hope for my crazy hair.
If you have curly/tightly waved hair, what do you do to keep it in control? What products/tools/hair pins/clips/whatever do you use? I'm always looking for new suggestions.
Pregnancy update time!
-I am 19w1d today.
-Our anatomy scan is in FIVE days. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
-I've been feeling little baby kicks every day since Sunday, and it is the most beautiful feeling. I never felt flutters or anything...just went straight to kicks.
-I'm feeling good except for the daily headaches. I switched to tea from soda to try and cut down my calorie count, and apparently tea does NOT have as much caffeine as I expected.
-My weight gain is somewhere around 6 or 7 lbs, according to my scale. It's CRAZY to see those numbers on the scale and not try to lose weight. I'm eating normally and trying to be healthy, so I guess it's just normal weight gain. At almost 20 weeks, I guess 7 lbs is not bad.
Obligatory bump photo - notice the unruly hair. (And my mirror is dirty again, even though I just washed it last Wednesday. I blame DH.)
ETA: What is up with this awful formatting? None of my line breaks are being included when I hit "publish". Sorry for the terrible, smooshed together text...I blame Blogger's "upgrading". Never had this problem before. Grump grump.
ETA again: I think I fixed it. Someone let me know if it looks normal now.
April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love your bump!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooking good! I think the new blogger (if you're working in HTML mode to type your post especially) doesn't default to line returns... You have to either put in
ReplyDeletetags or you have to click the box on the right side under Options that says "Press 'Enter' for Line Breaks."
It looks great now though... as does your bump :)
Amanda- Yeah, I ended up going in and just adding the HTML <*br> to set the breaks. I didn't seen an option for setting "Enter" for line breaks...which would have been much easier, but hey, now I know.
ReplyDeleteHey hun! I read your blog, I'm a hairdresser and might have some advice, if your hair is very curly and frizzy you need a curl cream to help keep it in control, if its frizzy it means its thirsty basically. Also if you are blow drying your hair you could get a diffuser attachment for the end of your blow dryer that dries the curls and forms them better without making your hair a total poodle. So I would head to whatever beauty supply they have in your area and ask them for some curl cream or moouse and maybe a leave in conditioner. And as for getting your hair cut stay away from texturizing this will make frizz worse! It really doesnt look that bad, just go with what you got a rock it! I'm hopeing after this pregnancy my hair will have a little wave to it. They say it can change after baby. But good luck!
ReplyDelete