Pages

March 7, 2012

Last week of 1st trimester, woohoo!

I'm stealing this pregnancy update from Mchupie so I don't take credit for any of it! (Except my answers, obviously.)



How far along? 12 weeks

Weight gain/loss: Still at 124, so down about 3 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight.

Feeling: Tired, but that might just be from getting up 6 times last night to pee. Nausea is almost entirely gone, but I have to keep food in my stomach or it creeps back up.

Maternity clothes? None really, yet. I have a couple maternity tops that I wear sometimes, but more because I like them than because I need them.

Sleep: A challenge. I've been waking up so much to go to the bathroom, and I feel like it's just impossible to get comfortable. I'm trying to convince DH that I need a Snoogle.

Food cravings: Comfort food. Cornbread, chicken and dumplings, etc.

Movement? None so far. I have an anterior placenta so they said it'll be at least another month before I feel anything.

What I miss? Sleep. Beautiful, glorious sleep.

Best moment this week: Not heading into work on Monday, because I'm now a SAHW!

What I'm looking forward to: Heading to Arkansas this weekend to see my grandparents. DH has barely ever met them so this should be fun. :)

Next appointment: I've got my group meeting with other KU ladies on the 27th, but the next REAL appointment is May 10th. Anatomy scan, yay!

Milestones: Baby's reflexes are active now! If I push on my belly, baby will startle and move, although I can't feel any of it for now.

I really am looking forward to my centering appointment. Basically, women who are in the midwife-based program all get together once or twice a month at the clinic for classes, discussion, education, etc. It's all women who are due in September, so it'll be cool to get to interact with other ladies who are as far along as me and have different birthplans and experiences. The first appointment for that is the 27th of this month, so not too long to wait. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for 12 weeks! Where are your bump pictures?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I second Megan - where are the bump pictures?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third :) Show us the Bump! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik