After a long and infuriating process, I finally got my beta results. Here's the tale.
When I got my betas done, I had asked the phlebotomist how long it would take to get my results back. She told me that I should have them that day or the next. (Which would have been Wednesday or Thursday.) Today is Friday, and I hadn't heard anything yet, so I called the lab to check and see what was up. The lady on the phone seemed really surprised that I hadn't heard from my doctor already, and said that the results had been sent to her and I should've gotten them already. So, I called my OB's office. And guess what? They're closed on Fridays.
I was ticked. And I did some ugly crying.
I called the lab back and asked them if there was anything I could do to get my results, and the woman told me that I could go to the medical records office at the hospital, sign off on some paperwork, and have my results that day. So I did. (I was not about to wait until Monday for results from my OB. I'm a paranoid pregnant woman on a mission.) The paperwork was painless, and the lady who helped me was so nice.
So here are the results!
Monday's draw (15dpo)- 699
Wednesday's draw (17dpo)- 1672
Definitely hit the doubling mark that they wanted! I sent the results to my midwife. She said they look good, and she'll check them against her chart of typical betas for those days. From the looking I've done online (shame on me for consulting Dr. Google) that's actually a lot higher than average betas. So hopefully that means I have a nice, strong, sticky baby in there.
MIL, FIL, and BIL are all coming to our place tomorrow to watch the UK game. DH has been cleaning, and I should probably help him, but...meh. Lol. I'm going to cook for everyone tomorrow, so I'm going to tell myself that I'm saving my energy for that. In my defense, I am actually pretty stinking tired today. One of the perks of pregnancy! Definitely worth the symptoms. We are having an epic thunderstorm here right now, so I'm probably not going to sleep terribly well tonight, but hopefully it'll blow through quickly and stop making so much noise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woohoo!! That is excellent news! I would have been all over extra paperwork as well. I would also be planning a nice earful for my doctor's office, too, for leaving me hanging.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got great news!
Yay!! I am so glad you were able to get them and ease your mind. Those are great numbers :)
ReplyDelete