Laying in bed last night with a glass of water on my nightstand, I realized that I had had two small juice glasses full of fluid that day. And that was it. No water, no milk, no soda...just a little juice. As I lay there thinking about it, I realized that I never have as much water as I'm supposed to. I drink maybe one bottle of water a day. I think my average max is about 20oz of fluids. And I started to wonder how on earth I'm not experiencing serious side effects from being so dehydrated. (Or maybe I am and just don't know it!)
I think this has always been a problem for me. Even as a little kid, I never drank water. I've always disliked it. When I was pregnant with Finley, I made a real effort to drink a lot of water. To me, it felt like I was drinking massive quantities, but realistically, I was probably drinking less than a normal person drinks in a day. I tried really hard because I knew my unborn child really needed me to be well-hydrated. When I lost Finley, I developed an a mental block about drinking water. In my mind, this was something I had done to take care of my baby, and now that I didn't have one, it felt pointless and stupid. I rebelled against water. When we started going to the gym, I cut out sodas as part of the deal, but that has led to me consuming even less fluids.
So my NYR, starting a little early, is that I'm going to really work hard on drinking more water. I did a little quiz online about how much water I should be drinking...it said I should be drinking about 2 liters a day. Woah. I might not get up to quite that much, but I'm going to really work on getting my 8 glasses. Wish me luck.
December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletegood luck!
ReplyDeleteI was actually talking to someone about this yesterday. I don't drink a lot of fluids, and when I do - thankfully, it's water. To be honest, I just don't THINK to drink anything. I'll finish a meal before I realize that I haven't taken a sip of my drink, and I'm not often thirsty after eating. It must be genetic or conditioning, because all of my siblings have said the same thing. Strange.
BUT... you get 'em, girl - and drink yourself silly! Water, of course ;)
Praying for you guys!