The good:
My husband. Oh my goodness, was I ever blessed with this guy. Honestly. He could've done so much better than me, but he seems to like me. Yesterday was our "half-iversary"; yep, married two and a half years! He asked me if I wanted to open a Christmas present early. (That's code for "I want you to open a Christmas present early.") So I opened this box, and burst into tears. I kid you not, I cried like a baby. I have been wanting this figurine for a while, and DH remembered me saying I wanted one a long time ago.
He is just the best thing ever, and I am so thankful to be married to him.
The bad: Today is CD1. Which means we're on to months 10/11 of trying. Again, it "doesn't count" since we had gotten pregnant, but whatever. Along with the fact that CD1 means I'm not pregnant, I get to deal with all the side effects. Wicked cramps, broken-out face, IBS, and nausea. Fun.
The nervewracking: I've been enlisted into doing makeup for a friend's wedding on Saturday. I absolutely love doing makeup and want to do it professionally someday...but I've never really done makeup on anyone else. I am terrified that I'm going to screw everyone's faces up royally because I won't get a chance to practice on them before hand. And to top it all off, they all want smokey eyes. (Which I think is actually a terrible idea...it's an early afternoon wedding, and smokey eye is going to look really heavy and dark.) I'm trying not to stress too much about it, because everyone is telling me "If you're good at doing makeup on yourself, you'll be fine doing it on someone else!" I hope they're right. Wish me luck!
Is anyone else ready for 2011 to just be over?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am ready to begin a new year, too. I suppose you've already done the make-up - how did it go?
ReplyDeleteand praise the Lord for loving hubbies! He seems like a gem, and I'm glad you have each other! :)
I'm praying for some good baby news.
- h