So yesterday, rather spontaneously, my mom decided that it was time to upgrade our cell phone plan. (Yes, I am still on my mom's plan. Don't hate. DH is on his parents' plan, too.) We switched from our ghetto AT&T plan with super craptastic phones, to Sprint and got smartphones. I'm now the proud (and obsessed) owner of a Motorola Photon. I have been playing with it non-stop since yesterday, after AT&T and Sprint finally worked out the kinks and got the service activated. I had to nerd it up and added a Darth Vader wallpaper and a "Hey! Hey, listen!" ringtone from Zelda.
Doing makeup for the wedding went incredibly well yesterday. Not to brag, but...I am a makeup genius. The bride looked incredible, and all her bridesmaids looked rockin', as well. I even did makeup for the mother of the bride, and did most of one bridesmaid's hair. I forgot to bring my camera with me, and I'm kicking myself for it because no one has posted any pictures from the wedding yet. I want pictures of the makeup to add to my portfolio, because I would love to go work for MAC cosmetics. Maybe someone will post something soon. Fingers crossed.
I'm in a grumpy mood today because of two things. One, a FB "yay, I'm pregnant!" annoucement from a girl I know. She's incredibly young, hasn't been married long, and probably tried for about 5 seconds before she got pregnant. She's due in August, which means she's announcing at around 5 weeks. That just makes me cringe, because I know what would have happened if I announced that early. I would've been writing a status a few weeks later having to tell the world that my body couldn't do its job and grow this baby properly. For her sake, I hope she doesn't end up regretting her decision to announce. The other reason I'm grumpy is because our "holiday hours" at work start today. Which means that instead of working 3-9, I'm working 4-11. I have no idea why on earth they think we actually need to be open until 11. I'm dreading it, and I know we're going to have virtually no business after 8:30. Drugstores typically are not someone's must-stop destination for last minute holiday shopping.
2011 needs to just end already.
December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad that the wedding went well! :) I would love to see pictures...deep down I knew you'd be a makeup genius! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you had to deal with depressing Facebook posts...hang in there! <3
Oh - and YAY for a new cell phone! :)