I put up my Christmas tree on Sunday night. I just couldn't wait anymore. This is the first year that I've really felt we would be able to decorate properly for Christmas, and I am going all-out. I need to find a tree skirt because it looks silly without one, and I want to get some stockings. I'll try to talk DH into letting me get lights to put in the front window, too. (I couldn've sworn we already had some, because the dinky tree we put up last year wasn't pre-lit, but I can't find them anywhere!) I had told myself that I would wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree, but at least I waited until the week of Thanksgiving, right?
That's my tree, in all it's late-night glory. I LOVE my star...it's glittery during the day and all warm and glowy in the dark. (And it was only 7 bucks.)
I'm feeling some serious Thanksgiving anxiety. I'm going to be in a house with 20 people, several of which I've never met before. They're the relatives of my SIL-to-be, and I'm not exactly her biggest fan, so I get the feeling I won't like her family much more, either. She and her sisters are all tall, very thin, and model-like, so I am feeling a LOT of (self-imposed) pressure to look as good as I'm humanly capable of looking. I'm already agonizing over how I'm going to do my hair and makeup, and what I'm going to wear. I liked it better when I was the only girl in the family; everyone thought I was pretty and wonderful. And now there's someone prettier and more interesting than me, and I feel like I'm off in the corner somewhere going, "I'm interesting too, guys. Hey. Hey guys? I'm over here."
Thinking of Finley a lot today. We would've been announcing the gender to the family at Thanksgiving. I woudl've known by now whether or not we were having a boy or a girl. Miscarriage is such a sucky thing...the pain of it never goes away. I'm really hoping this cycle is "the one"...the closer I get to a 2013 due date, the more depressed I am.
Oh well. I probably won't update again until after Turkey day, so, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it's a wonderful one!
November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Your tree is beautiful! :) I love it! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving...Finley is with you, don't forget that! <3
ReplyDeleteHang in there sweets!