Pages

November 28, 2011

My teeth are still there, right?

I know a lot of people who have recurrent dreams. Your waking life tends to follow a pattern, and your dreams do the same. But oh my goodness, I'm about ready to get rid of this recurrent dream of mine. It leaves me feeling so panicked and stressed.

Last night, I dreamed (for the millionth time) that my teeth were falling out. In these dreams, it's only one or two teeth, usually my lower canines. I'll realize that they're extremely loose, and then get super anxious as I wait for them to fall out. Once they're out, my dream-self usually begs my husband to take me to the dentist so that something can be done, but he seems unconcerned and says not to worry about it. I wake up afraid that my teeth will really be gone, and I'm incredibly relieved when I realize it was just a dream.

I did some looking online about dream interpretation, and the common consensus is that dreams about your teeth falling out mean that you feel helpless, frustrated, or embarrassed about something IRL. (Gee, helpless? Me? No clue what that could be related to...) I guess maybe my frustrations about TTGP are following me into sleep, which sucks. Sleep is supposed to be my "me" time, when I get away from all the daily junk and just relax. Maybe I was extra stressed yesterday. I really thought I had O'ed, based on CM, +OPK, and intense ovulation pain. But my temps didn't rise this morning, and my OPK today was negative. It looks like I had the surge, but no O. I am so disappointed I could literally just sit and cry. I was hoping to O before CD20, and it looks like that's not going to happen.

I have work tonight and Tuesday night, and then I'm home free (metaphorically and literally) the rest of the week. Yay! I've got some crocheting to do, as well as some card-making. And I should probably do some housekeeping, too, since my floor needs mopping and I need to vacuum the cat hair off the couch. Fun stuff.

What's your most recurrent dream?

3 comments:

  1. I have this dream all the time too! I also have TMJ so it is especially recurrent when this flares up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is horrible, but I have recurring public bathroom dreams (or nightmares) :/ They are always overflowing and everyone can see me no matter which stall I go into. So weird. My sister also has the teeth falling out dreams.

    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that dream once also! I had forgotten about it until just now, but it was awful! I didn't know it was a 'thing'.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik