I was just chillin' on TB, like always, when someone posted a thread about Osama Bin Laden's death. I threw the TV on and watched Obama's presidential address. What an incredible victory for the United States, and even for the men and women who have been opressed under his tyrannical rule. We always remember Bin Laden as the evil behind the 9/11 attacks, but we also need to remember that he was responsible for the death of thousands of Muslims. The world has gotten rid of such an evil man, and I'm so proud to be an American right now. Regardless of political affiliation, this is a victory. I fear for our soldiers still on location, because there will undoubtedly be serious backlash from the radicals who supported Bin Laden. They need all the prayers we can offer up for their safety.
For those of you who might read my blog from TB, do me a favor and leave a comment. I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone actually reads, or if I'm just writing to thin air. While I'm still on here, I'll throw out an update about Grandpa. He's doing well! Still in some pain, which is to be expected, but recovering nicely. He showed us his incision in the hospital, and it was so thin and clean looking. I was impressed...his surgeon really has skills. Grandpa is learning to love morphine. It will be really hard on him to not be his normal, active self, but I think this scared him enough that he'll behave and let his chest heal up. I still can't give enough praise to God for bringing him safely through this. I love my Grandpa, and I'm so glad he's still here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I read your blog from TB! Starting now that is :-)
ReplyDelete