Pages

April 25, 2011

Obligatory holiday post.

Yesterday was Easter, so DH and I headed to Nashville to meet up with my mom. She had my niece Lil for the weekend, and after church we went to spend the day with Lil's other grandmother, Connie. (Also known as YiaYia.) It was so much fun! I never thought I'd get such a kick out of watching a little kid hunt for eggs. Lunch was also fantastic. Connie is a great cook, so it's always a treat getting to eat a meal she prepares. After the egg hunt, Connie looked at me and very pointedly said, "I hope Lil doesn't get too used to being the only grandchild hunting for eggs." I couldn't help but laugh, because we hadn't discussed anything related to TTC yet. After a while, when it was just ladies left in the room, we sort of eased into the conversation and I learned that Connie actually knows Ina May Gaskin, and worked at The Farm for a while. I almost fell out of my seat.

The day before Easter, my MIL and FIL came to our apartment to celebrate my BIL's birthday. They always give us new clothing for Easter, and I was semi-excited, because I've been needing some new stuff since I've gained a few lbs. MIL told me she had tried on the dress, so she knew it'd fit me. She and I used to be the exact same size, but she knows I've gained a little since then. Once they left, I tried the dress on...and it was too small in the waist. Talk about hurt feelings. Part of me feels a tiny bit bitter because she KNOWS I've gained weight. She knows I'm bigger than her. She should have gone up a little in size to compensate, and the fact that she didn't makes me feel like crap. She texted the next day to ask "Did the dress work?" and I just didn't text back. I kind of feel like she KNOWS it didn't work, and is asking so that I have to admit to her that I'm fatter than she is now. Grrr. Maybe that's just all in my head.

Job interview this evening! I guess I should get a shower and make myself presentable, but the lazy part of my brain says, "I've got plenty of time!" DH is using his flex hours today and getting off of work at 2, so I get to spend a bit more time with him than usual. Always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik