Pages

February 13, 2013

Call me crazy...

No, go ahead, call me crazy. Because I just signed up for a 5k.

Am I a runner? Nope. Have I run at all since Rowan was born? Nope. I've never run a 5k...I doubt I can even run 1/3 of a mile without stopping at this point.

But I've always secretly (or not so secretly) wanted to be a runner. It has just always appealed to me. I love the idea of pushing myself, doing a half marathon at some point, etc etc. My father-in-law is a runner and seems to have so much fun with it. I've talked to him about running before, and he told me that if I decide to start with a 5k, he'd run it with me.

So, stupid me, went ahead and signed up for one on May 11th. What was I thinking?!? Realistically, I have time to train. But oh my goodness. I am probably going to look like a total idiot. I already have butterflies in my stomach thinking about the fact that I either get ready, or look like a noob on race day.

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. I am so dumb.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will enjoy it - are you going to do a training program like couch to 5k? I need to sign up for a 5k to motivate me to start running. I ran cross country in high school and I loved running. It was such a great feeling of accomplishment. Now that I'm completely out of shape, it is torture lol. Just remember to take baby steps. My dad was always reminding me that it is okay to walk/run when you are starting off. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You know, after how disastrous that first run was, a program sounds like a great idea. I think my problem is that I expect too much of myself too quickly... I ought to know that I won't be running a mile non-stop right out of the gate!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik