I never really cooked or baked growing up, but once I got married and DH and I moved to France, I really started to love experimenting in the kitchen. (Not a big fan of the cleaning afterwards, but you take the bad with the good.)
Now, DH is not an adventurous eater. I normally tease him about being picky, but he really has expanded his tastes drastically since we got married three years ago. (I like to think my nagging had something to do with that.) He's still a meat and taters kind of guy, but he'll eat onions, some veggies (if they're cooked right), non soy-sauce based Asian food, and a handful of other stuff. Along with his willingness to try more foods comes the opportunity for me to COOK more foods. On tonight's menu? Brown rice and stir fried veggies, with homemade beef dumplings.
I do not make pretty dumplings. Don't judge me.
I honestly have no idea how these are going to turn out, and they may really be awful, but they at least look semi-nice, right? I made the peanut butter cookies on the bottom when DH got turned down for a promotion a couple weeks ago. I am firmly of the opinion that sadness deserves delicious dessert.
On another note, our crib should be here by the end of the week! So excited! It wasn't supposed to be back in stock until August 31st but ended up being restocked early. I'm ready to have our little guy's room done and ready for him. I'm feeling incredibly unprepared, especially with the knowledge that he could be here in as little as four weeks. (I think I just threw up a little when I typed that last sentence.)
Our next biophysical profile is tomorrow, and the growth scan is next Tuesday. DH is coming to the growth scan with me, for which I am very thankful. If we get bad news, I'm going to want him with me to keep me from bawling the rest of the day. We just need our little boy to have grown from the 8th percentile up to the 11th, and then we'll be home free. But if he's not up to where they want, I'll be labelled high-risk, have to go in twice a week for non-stress tests and BPPs, and I'll be induced somewhere between 37 and 39 weeks. Considering that I am all crunchy granola and wanted to go totally natural, that is way, way disappointing. But mostly, I just want our kiddo to be ok.
How are things in your world? Everyone good? Anyone reading this? I think I hear crickets chirping...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh BV I miss you :) So excited that you're progressing! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your little man jumps to the 11th percentile, that has to be nerve wracking. I have my first appt with my new doctor, hoping for an u/s, though I'm not counting on it (ok, maybe I am). Miss you girl!
ReplyDelete