Pages

June 20, 2012

Thoughts and prayers, please

Just got a call from my aunt that my mom is in the hospital. They're not sure what's wrong, and multiple tests have been inconclusive.

I talked to her this morning and she had mentioned that she thought she might have a kidney stone, because her back was hurting pretty bad. She's had a couple kidney stones before, so it didn't seem like a huge deal...just really uncomfortable until it passes. I guess at some point during the day, one of the women she works with walked past her office and immediately noticed something was wrong. The pain had gotten so bad that she decided she needed to go to the hospital. That alone has me really freaked out...my mom has a MASSIVE pain tolerance. We're talking no-epi-with-pitocin pain tolerance.

The girl she works with called my aunt and they're at the hospital now. They've done a CT scan and ultrasound, but there's no kidney stones, no appendicitis, nothing so far that explains the pain she's in. I've been forbidden to drive down to the hospital, even though it's only an hour or so away, because she doesn't want me getting into a fuss unless there's something worth fussing over. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here bawling because I'm so incredibly close with my mom and I don't know what I would do if something happens to her.

T&Ps that everything is ok would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, you guys.

4 comments:

  1. Sending lots of good thoughts that everything is okay with your Mom and they can get her some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you and your mom lots of happy, healthy thoughts!! I hope they find the cause so they can treat it soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik