Pages

March 29, 2012

Gotta love a good prenatal visit!

I went in for my first centering meeting at Vandy on Tuesday and absolutely loved it. Here's the rundown.

-They showed us how to do our own blood pressure and weight checks. We'll record it into our charts each meeting and keep track of the changes. According to their scales, I've gained about 5 lbs. That's more than I thought I had, but it's pretty much where they expected me to be so that's not too bad. I'm still really paranoid about gaining too much, but I'm doing fine for now.

-We all had Doppler checks of baby's heart rate done. I warned them in advance that my anterior placenta made it really hard to find the hb last time. They were thankful that I let them know ahead of time, because they had an extremely difficult time finding it. After a couple full minutes of trying, they caught it for just long enough to say, "That sounded great!"

-Somehow, my urine analysis had failed last time. They either lost or spilled my pee, so I had to fill a new cup for them. So fun!

-Finally know my blood type. I'm A-neg. Which means that I get to get Rhogam shots at 28 weeks and right after the baby is born. I'm not super thrilled about that, but I'm really thankful that it's so easily taken care of with just a couple shots.

-We got our anatomy scan moved from May 10th to May 1st. Which means we're just about 1 month away from knowing if I'm carrying a boy or girl! Time seriously cannot move fast enough until then.

That's about it for this update. I feel like I could ramble nonstop about how cool it is to be pregnant, all the crazy emotions that go through my mind, etc etc. But that gets old for everyone else, so I'll try to create an update someday soon that has nothing to do with pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. What do you think it is? Boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking boy. I have no idea why. :-P Soooo glad you had a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one month to go... I know, the waiting is horrible! We'll be finding out April 25th and are really hoping baby cooperates.

    So glad you had great visit and got to hear baby's heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik