Pages

January 4, 2012

I need to update.

So here's my update. Exciting, right?

I got rid of my Christmas layout and only had a few hundred issues before Blogger would accept the coding changes. Maybe next time I change the layout, it'll be fully cooperative! Here's hoping. :) I probably won't change it again until a big holiday. (Halloween, most likely.)

The holidays were hectic for us. We did so much traveling! Thankfully it was all within TN/KY, but oh my goodness. I just wanted to sleep in my own bed. We went to my mom's for Christmas day, then back up to DH's mom's for Christmas day night, then back to our house to go to work, then back down to TN for BIL's wedding, then back to my mom's. Our poor little car got so many miles put on it. The wedding was beautiful and very sweet. The food at the reception was great. (Catered by Chipotle!)So now I have a new SIL. Hopefully she and I will like each other more than I like my own sister. (That sounds terrible, but there's a huge story behind it that I won't get into right now. Maybe a future post.)

I've been having problems with my left knee for a while, and I finally found out what the problem is. It turns out my kneecap doesn't sit in the right place, and it has been grinding away the cartilage. Um, ow. So now I have a big, sexy brace that I'm supposed to wear at all times, except when I'm sleeping. My orthopedist told me that I absolutely cannot squat at all, so I figured I needed to talk to my boss. Certain elements of my job require me to squat extremely often. He literally laughed at me and denied that I had any need for accomodations. He told me that if I need to deal with something on the bottom shelf, I can just bend upside down. I had to do a lot of that yesterday, and it made me ill from the blood rushing in and out of my head. Not to mention, it killed my back. So I don't know if I need to speak to HR since my boss is thorougly unconcerned and unwilling to accomodate me. I'm not a confrontational person, and I know that I don't have the guts to argue it out with my boss. Any suggestions? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Hope everyone is having a good new year so far. I've got high hopes for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice holiday but sorry to hear about your knee! I would definitely approach HR with the issue, make sure you present a doctors note that specifies what your limitations are. Here's to a wonderful new year! Mrs. BB

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik