I had my first beta draw this morning. Thank heavens for talented phlebotomists. She did have to chase the vein a little, but she found it quickly and got a couple vials full. I have no idea when I'll get my results back, but hopefully it'll be soon because I'm awfully curious! I will go back Wednesday morning for the second draw. Fingers crossed for good numbers. :)
Twenty-four days to my first ultrasound, and I am so ready! If I could move time by sheer willpower, it'd be February 9th already. But I guess I'll have to wait. Maybe I'll get lucky and time will pass quickly. When I was pregnant with Finley, I felt like every day crawled past. But it doesn't seem AS bad this time. Still slow, but more like turtle speed, rather than snail. I'm still dealing with a lot of symptoms, which is uncomfortable, but I am enjoying every bit of it. If this means I'm having a healthy baby, I will take the nausea and then some. For those of you who have had a baby before- did you ever experience intensely dry skin? My legs were so dry that they itched INSANELY bad last night. It literally kept me awake last night and I thought I was going to scratch through my skin to get some relief. Ow.
Work today. Yaaay. I have a note from my orthopedist saying that I cannot squat or kneel, but it's not like they're going to listen to that. I was totally unable to contact HR when I tried. I called the number over and over, and let it ring for three minutes or more every time, and I got nothing. Not even a voicemail that would allow me to leave my name and ask them to call me back. There's part of me that secretly thinks they're intentionally making it hard for me to make complaints. I did a lot of looking online, and there are tons of employee complaints about how their concerns were ignored or overlooked. Somehow, I get the feeling that this might end up being my experience, as well. Somethings gotta give, one way or the other.
January 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment