Pages

August 11, 2011

My cats are killing me with grossness.

Let me preface this by saying that I love my cats. Really, I do. Most of the time. They can be so sweet and cuddly, and really funny with their crazy cat antics. But I think they want to kill me.

This pregnancy has been pretty low-key so far. Not experiencing terrible symptoms. However, the nausea has been increasing the last few days. Still manageable, but definitely more present. My cats seem to sense this, and are being as gentle and sensitive to my tummy as they can be. Right? Wrong.

I decided that since I have work this afternoon, I should probably wash my khakis. (They were covered in hair because I wore them while I cut DH's hair the other night.) I loaded up my little laundry basket, walked out to the washer...and froze in abject horror.

Poop. Everywhere.

The best I can figure it out, it went down like this. Someone (probably Suki) crawled in the litter box and did their business. Our cats are both terribly stupid and don't understand that they're supposed to kick the litter back over their completed business. They just leave it sitting on top. So, in her post-doody litter box romp, Suki stepped in her pile o' poo. She then jumped out of the litter box, and vigorously shook her poo-covered feet, creating dookie carnage the likes of which I have never before seen.

I mopped the main part of the mess, and used antibacterial wipes to scrub off the front of the washer. A Magic Eraser was needed to remove the excrement from the walls and doors. (Yep, I said doors. Plural.) There needs to be more mopping done, but my stomach cannot handle that at the moment. I texted DH and told him that I left the rest for him. He texted back to inform me that I could've left ALL of it for him...if only I had known that before I cleaned. (Actually, I think it would have bothered me more to leave all that poop everywhere.)

I also just got another text from DH informing me that the reason my car has been leaving a big, wet stain on the driveway is because there's apparently a leak in the oil pan. Which can't be repaired. They would have to replace the whole thing. Which will cost, according to this one shop, $450. We're going to get estimates from other places who will hopefully do it much cheaper, but I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. We are dealing with a lot of start-up fees from the midwife and other medical goings-on, and $450 is a lot to us right now. Sigh. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik