I'm super ready for dinner today. We're having DH's cousin Ethan over, and I gotta say, I absolutely adore this kid. He's going to be 16 this year, and is one of the sweetest, kindest guys I've ever met. (And he thinks I'm an awesome cook, so that rocks, too.) I grew up being hours away from my family so I think I appreciate DH's enormous, close-knit family even more. Is it wrong for me to like my husband's family more than mine? Because I do. I occasionally have some issues with my MIL, but even she and I tend to get along fairly well, most of the time. Our biggest disagreement is on the topic of TTC. She thinks we should wait at least five years after we've been married...and I think it's not her call. Oh well, no family is perfect, and if that's the biggest of our issues, I'm a lucky girl.
It looks like we're going to have to get some work done on DH's car. There's something wrong with the ignition; the key keeps locking up when you try to start the car. Sometimes you can fight with it and get it to turn, but sometimes it says "Screw you!" and refuses. I've googled it, and apparently it's a super common problem with our model/year of that car, but Ford refuses to issue a recall. *eyeroll* It'll probably cost us at least $300 to get it fixed, but it's not an option to NOT fix it. Once we have children, that'll become the family car, and we can't afford for it to not be functional. I can just see myself sitting in a hot parking lot, trying to get a stubborn key to turn, with a screaming infant in the back seat. No thanks.
I think it's snack time. Lunch was a slice of bread with peanut butter on it, so my stomach is nudging me and saying, "Um...did you forget about me?"

No comments:
Post a Comment