Pages

July 25, 2011

Bee eff pee

So, Sunday morning I woke up at 2 due to the overwhelming urge to pee. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I went ahead and got up. I figured hey, I might as well go ahead and POAS. I used a dollar store cheapie, and after a minute saw a really, REALLY faint line. I then busted out a "first response"ish blue dye test, and got a more visible second line. All the ideas of surprising DH in some special way went out the window as I shook him awake and, bawling, said "I'm pregnant!" In his sleepy haze, it took him a minute to figure out what was happening. Once he caught on, though, he sat up and smiled and just hugged me while I sniffled. It was one of the most wonderful feelings...although it didn't quite feel real yet.

Flash forward to this morning. DH picked up a couple digis last night, and I took one this morning around 5. It was nervewracking, watching that little hourglass blink as it processed. I was so afraid that somehow, it would say "not pregnant". But then, up popped "pregnant" and I got the biggest grin on my face. I went out to grab the camera so I could take pictures, and DH woke up and said, "I want to see it." So we stared at the test together for a minute, and I grabbed my macro lense so I could get some pictures of that beautiful little word.

It still doesn't entirely feel real, but I guess after my first meeting with my midwife, it'll sink in a bit more. She scheduled us to come in for a visit on August 6th, just for a basic first visit and so that we can discuss things with her. I'm really looking forward to it, she seems so wonderful and I love having support for a homebirth. I am just so incredibly happy! I'm trying not to worry about miscarriage, I just want to enjoy every sensation and emotion right now. Life is good. I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Im so happy for you Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! You will be a great mother!! What is your EDD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, absolutely do not even let your mind sway the slightest bit toward any negative thoughts! I worried about miscarriage some, and everyone told me not even to think about it! They were right!!! Being happy and excited was so much more fulfilling! =D Your story was so sweet. Thank you for sharing. That is one BEAUTIFUL word: "Pregnant". Hmmmm... wonder if there is a test out there that says "Preggo" or "Pregalicious"- LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik